All Team Staffing – San Antonio is looking for individuals to joins our strong team. Our ideal candidate is dependable, reliable, punctual, attentive, ambitious, hard-working, a self-starter, motivated, and engaged. Must be willing to work some days preparing all meals when needed. Currently recruiting for 2 Cooks.
We are looking for an ambitious Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes. A great cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
Top Cook Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Safely operate kitchen equipment such as broilers, ovens, grills and fryers
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Check the quality and freshness of ingredients and final products
- Comply with food safety nutrition and sanitation standard guidelines
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, handling utensils, equipment and dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Occasionally serve food
- Bake, grill, steam and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry and other foods
- Set up workstations with required ingredients and equipment
- Monitor station inventory levels
- Accommodate guests’ special requests
- Able to anticipate needs of others in the kitchen and proactively work to meet those needs
- Proven experience as prep cook
- Accountability for the dishes they prepare measuring up to the expectations of management and customers alike
- Knowledge of safety procedures, including safe temperatures at which ingredients must be kept and to which food must be prepared to avoid foodborne illness
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to handle tools, such as knife techniques for chopping, slicing, cutting and dicing
- Ability to stand in one place for hours at a time
- A team player with ability to listen and communicate effectively
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of other people
- Strong attention to detail
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset
- Clean, friendly, and professional appearance
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Team player who will work well with others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Responsible & dependable, with reliable transportation
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic sanitation procedures
- Must be able to follow basic safety procedures due to exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Must have a Current Texas Food Handlers Certificate
- Full COVID-19 vaccination required
- Once you confirm acceptance of an assignment, it is expected that you will be making the commitment that you will show up on time for each shift, and work for the duration of the assignment.
- Must pass pre-employment drug & background screenings
- Must be authorized to work in the US
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Schedule – Full Time – Monday – Friday 9:30 am – 6:00 pm – Must be flexible and available to work weekends and occasional approved overtime.
Location – I10 & Fredericksburg
Contact Staffing Mgr. Maria Aguilar at 210-223-2900 to schedule a date and time to come into the branch to complete the hiring process.
Thank you for your time; we look forward to hearing from you!
All Team Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.