We are looking for a Prep Cook to join our kitchen staff and be in charge of cold food items on our menu.
Prep Cook responsibilities include preparing various hors d’oeuvres, properly seasoning all appetizers before they are served and storing food items, as needed. To be successful in this role, you should be able to handle the kitchen’s fast-paced working environment, be familiar with food hygiene and be available to work during evenings and weekends.
Ultimately, you will contribute to delivering a pleasant dining experience for our guests.
- Make cold appetizers, including salads, vegetable and meat roll-ups and bruschettas
- Garnish dishes with spices, nuts, fruit and vegetables
- Prepare vinaigrettes, dips and herb-infused oils
- Perform meal-prep activities before guests arrive (like chopping vegetables, cutting fish and meat and washing fruits)
- Store ingredients to keep them fresh and reduce food wastage
- Check food plating, temperature and portions for all cold dishes
- Sterilize kitchen equipment at the end of your shift
- Monitor stock and place orders, as needed
- Recommend modern recipes to renew our menu and add nutritious, creative cold dishes
- Maintain a clean station at all times
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Pantry Cook, Prep Cook or similar role
- Hands-on experience with professional kitchen equipment
- Good knowledge of food plating techniques
- Understanding of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit
- Availability to work in shifts, including evenings and weekends
- A degree from a culinary school is a plus