ALL TEAM Staffing has a great administrative position as an Event Coordinator for a biological institute, in La Jolla!
This is a temporary position that will allow you to grow your admin skillset and experience in an educational environment. If you think you meet the qualifications, apply NOW for immediate consideration!
Pay: $18 – $20 BOE
Hours: 7am – 3pm
Duration: 3 – 6 months
· Scanning and copying various
invoices, programs, etc.
· Mail merge documents into nametags using MS Word and MS Excel.
· Print and assemble nametags.
· Creating Signage for events using MS Word.
· Filing: creating paper files for various events and filing old paperwork.
· Assist in tracking registration.
· Restock Registration boxes after each use.
· Calendar tracking assistance.
· Generate confirmation letters and other correspondence using MS Word.
· Inventorying Events Equipment post-event.
· Purging old records out of binders as per Document Retention Policy.
· Conducts internet searches to gather event-related information for department.
· Oversees the advertising of major symposia and seminars by keeping
silver sign stands full with most current events.
· Mails posters to various local addresses to advertise upcoming scientific events.
· Creates invoices for outside organizations that use the Salk meeting venue, tracks payments,
and maintains a log of outside organizations that apply for events to be held at the Institute.
· Equipment inventory lists being brought up-to-date.
· Other projects as needed to free up Coordination staff.
· Minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in an administrative support or
management assistant role.
· Experience providing support in event support or events department.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such Business Administration or equivalent.
· Must be able to clear a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screening
· Must be FULLY vaccinated against COVID-19
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
· Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment.
· Must be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement.
· Must be willing to work overtime based on operational needs.