The Medication Technician is responsible for assistance with self-administered medications and / or administration of medications to Assisted Living residents.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for assistance with self-administered medications and/or administration of medications in compliance with federal / state regulations and community guidelines
- Reports any change in resident’s health and provides proper documentation
- Manages scheduled medication pass efficiently, accurately and within required timeframes
- Documents on medication record timely, accurately
- Handles and manages medications safely and accurately
- Orders refills of medications accurately and timely.
- Provide assistance with medication reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service and other activities of daily living as assigned
- Promotes and protects resident rights, assists residents to make informed decisions, treats residents with dignity and respect, protects resident’s personal belongings, reports suspected abuse or neglect
- Other duties assigned
- High School Diploma
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CNA licensure or other medical assistant preferable
- Currently certified and willing to maintain CPR Certification and First Aid
- Excellent customer service, strong communication skills and a positive disposition
- Successful completion and testing of required medication technician education.
- Current and ongoing compliance with required continuing education requirements for medication technicians.
- Recent history of care experience in assisted living care setting.
- Ability to understand and utilize computers, software and other technology.
If you have a passion for helping people and want to grow professionally, please send your resume for immediate consideration.
Contact Staffing Mgr. Maria Aguilar at 210-223-2900 to schedule a date and time to come into the branch to complete the hiring process. Thank you for your time; we look forward to hearing from you!