The Corrections Kitchen Worker supervises inmates to ensure that meal and food items are prepared in accordance with production plans. In this role, you will train workers in methods of performing duties, as well as assign and coordinate work to promote the efficiency of operations. This person is also responsible for the sanitation of the facility and maintaining personal safety, by conforming to all standards and regulations. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Adhere to and maintain preparation and production guidelines according to Aramark standards by reviewing and approving production and temperature logs.
- Supervise inmates in food preparation and tray assembly.
- Ensure timely, efficient meal service and all Aramark guidelines are being met.
- Participate in preparation and serving of meals
- Direct inmates in the use of Aramark recipes and train on proper cooking procedures.
- Ensure proper portions and any special dietary requirements are fulfilled.
- Obtain accurate daily population counts and review with staff.
- Adhere to security policies and procedures. Ensure storage areas are locked at all times.
- Ensure that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated secure area. Ensure all keys are returned and secured.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and sanitation schedules while ensuring that cooks, inmates and/or food service workers adhere to the assigned schedule.
- Assist in conducting inventory, properly receiving, and storing food and food related items. Requisition orders as needed for approval.
- Participates in the preparation/5 P’s (Participation, Pulls, Production, Portion Control, and Postproduction), storage and assembly of meals and food items.
- Follows the Company’s Standard of Operation for food handling and storage. Follows HACCP policies and procedures regarding proper food handling procedures.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Minimum of 1 year food prep.
- Must qualify for and maintain correctional facility security clearance.
- Corrections Experience MAJOR PLUS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 – $21.00 per hour
- 1 year
- Hourly pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nashville, TN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Culinary experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person