Cook Summary: $18.00HR
- A cook prepares, seasons, and cooks for hospital patients, employees and visitors.
- Employee may be assigned to one of 4 distinct work areas (pastry, salads, grill, or main cook)
- Cook may be required to rotate to any and all work areas as staffing needs dictate.
- Prepares food items for meals as assigned. 15
- Tests food being cooked by temperature, temperatures on sheet, tasting, smelling and/or piercing to determine that it is cooked properly.
- 3. Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as blenders, mixer, grinders, slicers to make gelatins, sauces, soups, stews, entrees, casseroles, desserts
- Maintains cooking area in a clean, neat, and orderly manner.