Hospital Cook Position:
- Prepares food items for meals as assigned.
- Tests food being cooked by temperature, temperatures on sheet, tasting, smelling and/or piercing to determine that it is cooked properly.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as blenders, mixer, grinders, slicers to make gelatins, sauces, soups, stews, entrees, casseroles, desserts
- Plans cooking schedule in conjunction with Production Supervisor to ensure that food will be ready at specific times.
- Confers with Production Supervisor regarding modified diet preparation and use of leftovers.
- Procures foodstuff from refrigerator, freezer, or other storage area in a timely manner.
- Tasted food being cooked and adds ingredients or seasonings to improve flavor or texture as needed.
- Reviews menus to determine type and quantities of salads, meats, vegetables, soups, and desserts to be prepared.
- Bakes roasts, sautés, and steams meats, fish and other foods.
- Adjusts heat controls and timers on ovens, steamers, etc. as required.
- Maintains cooking area in a clean, neat, and orderly manner.
- Portions meats, fish, and fowl for individual servings and prepares distribution of Other duties as required or requested.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program