- Wash all sliver, plate ware, pots pans and cooking utensils for the hospital
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Work well as a member of a team in order to provide excellent service in an professional work environment
- Be flexible and willing to perform some minor food preparation tasks along with dishwashing duties.
- cleanliness and organization is KEY.
- A cook prepares, seasons, and cooks for hospital patients, employees and visitors.
- Employee may be assigned to one of 4 distinct work areas (pastry, salads, grill, or main cook)
- Cook may be required to rotate to any and all work areas as staffing needs dictate.
- Prepares food items for meals as assigned.
- Tests food being cooked by temperature, temperatures on sheet, tasting, smelling and/or piercing to determine that it is cooked properly.
- 3. Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as blenders, mixer, grinders, slicers to make gelatins, sauces, soups, stews, entrees, casseroles, desserts
- Maintains cooking area in a clean, neat, and orderly manner.
***MUST BE ABLE TO PASS CRIMINAL BG CHECK
***MUST HAVE OR BE ABLE TO GET CURRENT TB TEST
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift